Sunday, April 27, 2008

As a newbie fitness person, I think I learn something new every day. It seems there is definitely an optimum time of day for me to get out there and move. The 7:00 to 8:00 am window seems to be the best. Today Jim and I started out at around 8:45 and it kind of messed with our stomachs. We were famished by the time we got back and it made us both a little queasy for the rest of the day. I want to make every exercise experience as positive as possible so I think I'll try to stick to that early morning time.

I'm supposed to start the walk 5 minutes , run 5, repeat, repeat thing this week. I've got to admit that I'm, well, scared. Scared that I won't be able to actually run for 5 minutes. Scared that my aged knees won't be able to take it. Scared that I'm a wimp. Scared that I'll hate it. I guess I just need to try it and see. This whole fitness thing is most assuredly as much mental as it is physical. Tomorrow I'll probably fill you in on one of the more memorable stories from the book and what it did for me.

For now, I best go clean my kitchen or get raking in the garden.

1 comment:

Ames said...

I found a video clip last night of a young woman who let her weight get pretty high. She began running and started out running 30 seconds and walking 20 minutes. I think each week she added 30 seconds to her running time until she was running 20 minutes. By the time, she got to 20 minutes of running she had lost nearly all her weight. Her situation is different than yours. (She wasn't training for a marathon.) However, it still reminded me of you and I think this might be an easy to remember plan for myself.