Wednesday, February 6, 2008

I Am Responsible for my own Training

When it comes down to it, I am the only one responsible for my training. I didn't go out and walk/run Monday or Tuesday. I waited for Jim to get home so we could go together. Both nights he ended up getting here too late and too weary to do the training, which I completely understand. I, however, should have seen that as a real possibility and gone ahead and trained when it was light out without him. Then if he came home wanting to train....I could have gotten extra exercise.

So............from this day forward, I train like I am in this by myself. If I happen to have company later in the day, I'll go twice. I can't risk missing days and I don't want to run without him in the dark. If I'm going to do this thing (and I am) I have to be 100%, no-excuses, walk-through-the-pain committed to it.

I have scheduled a walk with a friend this afternoon. I'll let you know how it goes. When I went out to scrape everyone's cars off this morning (aren't I wonderful?), there were two inches of slush soup on part of our driveway. The roads didn't seem bad, though, and I have no excuses for remaining on my keister today.

1 comment:

Ames said...

A hearty pat on the back to you!

Funny, but I did not exercise Monday or Tuesday either. Monday was planned, Tuesday just happened.